The Guide to House Plants October 07, 2020
Should you sync your activity level with your hormone cycle? September 28, 2020
What to expect at a Medical / Soul Intuition Session September 14, 2020
a day in the life / aPARTment / astrology / body parts / businesswomen / clean household / dress the part / drive / edible parts / founderstories / garment care / giving back / health / home / home decor / Knickieo Cooks / slow fashion / sotpcapsule / sotpcooks / sotpgives / sotpmakes / sotpwomen / spirituality / style edit / style sheet / sustainable / wellness / Women in the Arts
MAKING: Beeswax Cloth Wrap
by SOTP the Label on 0 comments
Recipe from our friend, Rachel.
What You'll Need
- Beeswax (they come in either pellet form or in a block - if so, you'll have to grate it)
- Oven tray
- Aluminium Foil
- Cheap Paint Brush
- Thin, tight weave fabric cloth squares (in varying sizes, I like to use 9.5 x 9.5-inches, you can prepare the fabric by sewing the edges or you can use pinking shears to avoid fraying)
- Wash and dry (and iron if you want) the cloth squares
- Optional: Hanger and Clothing Pins
- Pre-heat oven to about 90-100 deg Celsius
- Cover the oven tray with the aluminium foil, lay the cloth square(s) down and sprinkle the grated beeswax or beeswax pellets. Make sure it is well covered.
- Put it in the oven and let it melt for about 7-10 minutes, or until it looks like the beeswax has saturated the cloth
- Remove from oven and use the paintbrush to quickly smoothen the beeswax on the cloth, especially on the edges and corners. Darker/shinier spots indicate that there may be too much beeswax. Beeswax dries fast so move with haste!
- Add more beeswax to dry spots. Repeat the above steps 3 & 4
- If the underside of the cloth is not coated evenly, flip the cloth over and repeat the above steps 3 & 4
- If there is too much beeswax, add another cloth square on top, smoothen clumpy spots (if necessary) and bake. The top piece will soak up some of the wax.
- Lift the beeswaxed cloth and hang it to dry or harden by rigging it on the hanger using the clothing pins
Tip: I found that re-baking the beeswax cloth makes the end product less waxy.
- Should be minimal since the pesky beeswax is contained in the aluminium foil
- Use really hot water & detergent to get the beeswax off the paintbrush
Avoid contact with hot stuff or your beeswax cloth wrap will melt into an unsavoury pile of goop.
Zoom Call Edit
Sophia Slouchy PantAdd to Wish List
Our Sophia slouchy track pants are so versatile and comfortable, you'll want to pick them up in both colours. Cut from a lightweight textured crepe, it has an elasticated waistband and ribbed cuffs that enhance the relaxed fit. Wear them...
Sophia Military Brown
Sophia Army Green
Rachel CamisoleAdd to Wish List
Every well-edited wardrobe needs a camisole, and our Rachel camisole fits the bill. Detailed with a neat row of fabric covered buttons along the front, it's cut straight for a comfortable fit. Wear yours underneath a tailored suit in the...
Tania Pleated ShortsAdd to Wish List
Cut from a mid-weight fabric with slight stretch. They're tailored to sit at the waist and the deep pleats form a gentle flare, creating a flattering A-line shape. Wear them with a tee shirt over the weekend or pair it...
Tania Grey Blue